Wendy Harris is a highly skilled and knowledgeable Senior Occupational Therapist with over two decades of experience working within the healthcare field.
Wendy graduated with a Masters of Occupational Therapy back in 2006 and has worked across a range of areas and in a variety of settings including NGOs, hospitals, within community,in both Early Intervention and School Aged teams and in private practice.
Wendy enjoys working with children of all ages and assisting them to achieve their goals and reach their fullest potential. Her positive and creative personality keeps children engaged and motivated to work on the skills they need to succeed in everyday life.
Wendy has trained and worked both overseas in Australia and in Ireland and as a result she has accrued a unique wealth of knowledge and experience working with children of all ages with varying needs. She continues to develop her knowledge and skill set through continuing professional development.
Wendy has completed specialist training in the following areas:
- Occupational Therapy for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Therapeutic Yoga & Mindfulness for Children with ADD, ADHD, Autism and Learning Difficulties
- Professional Qualification in the Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness
- The Co-occurrence of Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADD, ADHD Assessment and Intervention
- Regulatory Sensory Processing Disorders
- The Learning Tree Model: Overcoming Learning Disabilities from the Ground Up
- A lifetime Approach to Autism
- Meltdowns: Helping Infants, Children and Adolescents Overcome Behaviour Problems, Aggression and Tantrums
- The Greenspan Floortime Approach- An Intervention for children with ADHD, ADD, Autism, Sensory Processing Disorders and Other Developmental Delays- Developmental Assessment and Evaluation of Emotional and Developmental Delays, Diagnostic Factors and Floortime Intervention
- The Traffic Jam in my Brain- A Sensory Processing Approach to challenges associated with ADD, ADHD, Autism, Learning and Behavioural Differences Incorporating Regulation, Respiration, Rhythm, Relationship, Play and Movement
- The Spalding Institute Literacy- Training- Certified
- Sensory Integration Training, The Sensations of Everyday Living- The Sensory Profile- Winnie Dunn
- Static Splinting
- Understanding Visual Perception and Intervention
- PRPP- Perceive, Recall, Plan and Perform System and Task Analysis
Additional Certification held in Children’s First Child Protection and Mental Health First Aid Awareness.
Wendy holds full membership with the Association of Occupational Therapy Ireland (AOTI), she is also a member of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT).
Phone: 087 1738229